Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Touch Down


Leaving the US and Arriving in South Korea



Right now it's 4:15AM on 8/18. I'm spending the night in Seoul because I have an overnight layover before continuing on to Ulsan, and my cousin Sydney (who is also teaching here in SoKo) offered me a place to crash. And, seeing as I'm awake at 4:15AM, it's fair to say I'm a bit jet-lagged.


First impressions: Really colorful (there seem to be a lot of neon lights all around) super westernized (there is Dunkin' Donuts, Nike, Adidas, Starbucks, Pizza Hut all over the place) and home to a very tasty variety of cuisine (we ate out at some place last night, and frankly, the food was bomb :-).


With that said, I'm excited to arrive in Ulsan. It's a different city with a different feel, and ultimately the one I'll be calling home for the next year.

Aight...that's all for now, details to follow and all that jazz,
~sETH

No comments:

Post a Comment