Sunday, September 18, 2011

One Month

Today marks one month since I arrived in SoKo. Not only did my buddy Dylan and I hike the highest mountain in Ulsan, Mt. Gaji (Gajisan), but I also got my first haircut.

In short, the hike took 4 hours of non-stop hiking (look at the pictures on Facebook...I'll put them up soon), and was not very noteworthy as we were socked in with clouds.

Regarding the haircut...Well, even back home in the states I have a hard time communicating how I would like my hair cut. So, with quite a bit of trepidation I went into one of my local salons and submitted myself to whatever might have happened. I was figuring, an awkward haircut is better than looking shabby, so I tried to communicate that I wanted the same style haircut but just shorter in length, and then I let the man do his work. Frankly, I think got one of the best haircuts I have EVER gotten in my life. It is perfect. And, my hair does this weird little thing on the right side, and this man, without me even asking, cut it in such a way as to take care of that spot.

I am super tired, looking super clean cut, and now I'm going to eat some dinner.

First haircut in Korea...done and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment